[How-To] Use DevExpress Skins

This tutorial is simple to show you how to get started using DevExpress Windows Forms Skins. This is user and noob friendly, so use as pleased.

You will need:
Visual Studio OR Visual C# OR Visual Basic (I'm using C#, however, it's not much different, so just use a online conversion tool, or ask)
DevExpress - Get a trial here or get the cracked copy if you have premium here
Common Sense

1. Download and install DevExpress. This should be very simple to do, if you're new and downloading the trial from their page, get the one stating "Visual Studio Controls".

2. Create a new Windows Form Project:
[​IMG]

3. In the solution explorer, right click on "References" and choose "Add Reference":
[​IMG]

4. Navigate to the .NET tab and sort by name. Then you will want to choose the following DLLs (control click to select multiple at a time):
DevExpress.BonusSkins
DevExpress.Data
DevExpress.OfficeSkins
DevExpress.Utils
DevExpress.XtraEditors (not shown in image)
[​IMG]

5. On the form, hit F7 to load the code behind onto your screen
[​IMG]

6. Now in this step, you will be inheriting the DevExpress form, enabling skins, and registering them for use. You will change the following:
A. Where it says Form1 after the colon, change it to the following:
Code (Text):
DevExpress.XtraEditors.XtraForm
B. In the constructor (public Form1), enable the skin by adding the following:
Code (Text):
DevExpress.Skins.SkinManager.EnableFormSkins();
C. Also in the constructor, register the bonus skins and office skins (or one of them that you wish to only use):
Code (Text):
DevExpress.UserSkins.BonusSkins.Register();
DevExpress.UserSkins.OfficeSkins.Register();
[​IMG]

7. Navigate back to the design tab.

8. View the Form1's properties by:
Right clicking the form > Properties
or
Clicking the form and selecting the Properties tab

9. Find the option "LookAndFeel" and expand it.

10. Set the option "UseDefaultLookAndFeel" to False, then set the SkinName to whatever you would like. I used Darkroom just for an example.

Please note that all skins do not change on the fly or fully change in visual studio, however, they do once the program is ran or debugged.
[​IMG]

11. Final Output:
[​IMG]

You're finished! Comment and/or ask questions as needed.

If you would like to know how to use the well known DotNetBar, please check out the following two tutorials:

2 comments:

  1. My ex ruined my credit due to his incessant extravagant spending spree, I found myself in a big mess. I talked to a credit repair company and I was told that it would take me non less than a year to fix my credit. I was devastated, that's a very long time which I can't cope with. I looked online and came across Credit Doctor's contact, hit him up and to my greatest surprise, my credit was repaired in 4 working days from 486 -810. I was so amazed and it didn't cost me too much really. I implore you to contact him on for all credit issues and hacking issues. No doubt that he's the best out there and your problems will be solved!
    HACKINTECHNOLOGY@GMAIL.COM
    +16692252253

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great news that I must share with you all. I have been looking for a way to break into my wife's phone because she has a pass-code on her phone and is always receiving late night calls and text messages. I have been suspecting her for the past 1 year then, i contacted this hacker,who helped me hack into her phone and got me results under 24 hours he got me results of her call logs, text messages and even deleted text messages i was so happy to find out the truth about my wife i never knew she was a big time cheat until the HACKER (Michael) helped me, his prices are affordable contact him if you want to know more about your spouse and your relationship state and other services:- Like Website hack,whatsapp hack, Email. All you need to do just Email:- * (michaelcalce800@gmail.com) Text/whatsapp (+1 843 779 2336

    ReplyDelete